Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baby Atherton On The Way

Well, here it is folks. The post I just know you've all been waiting for--all things baby!! At least I know that Virginia is looking forward to this one :) I have been thinking about maybe putting something together but ... didn't. I think that much has been obvious. It's in no particular order, other than the order things came to me to add to the post.

*Number of Weeks--20 weeks on Tuesday, July 29
*Weight gain--About 8 pounds so far
*Estimated due date--December 16, 2014 (that's during finals week for me! Fingers crossed that baby will wait until that Friday or Saturday)
*Approximate size of Baby A: 10 oz and length of 6 1/2 inches from head to rump. Approximately 10 1/2 inches from head to heel!!!! That is so crazy to both of us. Our baby is halfway there in length. (The weight comes on at the last few weeks mostly.)
*Movement: I haven't been able to distinguish much yet. There have been a couple of times in just this past week where I have maybe felt a kick? Still not positive on it though. But I'm thinking I should be feeling more soon, because I was reading a handy-dandy email from BabyCenter that said up until about 20 weeks, babies are curled up in a little ball. Maybe with arms and legs having more room I will be able to feel more movement! I'm sure I will come to wish I could turn it off at night when I'm trying to sleep, but right now I am just anxious to feel our little baby moving around inside me!
*Cravings: I haven't had too many, mostly just the things I normally eat. However, I have been really into eating cold things: fruit from the fridge, popsicles, and ice cream. I mean, I've always loved ice cream, but now I have given myself the excuse to buy it. Soooo I may or may not be eating a bowl every night :)
*Aversions: Early on in the pregnancy I was eating scrambled eggs with toast for breakfast every day. Most days now, however, eggs sound utterly distasteful. Pizza has also not been at the top of my list, mostly because of the grease I think. Odd though for me because before being pregnant, pizza would always sound good! Also, I'm not in the habit of eating hot dogs, but Graham made himself a couple as a late night snack last week and I about lost it! I had to go to the other room to get away from the smell. He ate them quickly, turned on the AC to get the smell out of the air, and has since been trying to eat them only when I am out of the apartment. (Do I have a great husband or what?)

And here are some pictures :)

Baby A at my ultrasound, around 15 weeks

About 18 weeks, right after the Seattle trip

Graham and I were having a fun game night playing Life last week. I did not have any kids! (I did, however, land on the "Become a grandparent" spot and got a tile for that) Graham landed on this space, and it was too perfect to not take a picture! I thought it would be a fun way to let everyone know the sex of our baby!

For those of you who didn't know yet!!
We have actually known for over a month now that we were having a girl. I had an ultrasound to check something out and said "it's still too early to tell the gender at this point, isn't it?" (I was about 15 weeks at the time) The technician shifted the wand over and said "Let's check." (it took about half a second and then she said) "Yeah, it's very obvious. You're definitely having a girl."

With that being said, here are some of the names that we've been considering. We've actually narrowed down the list from here, but we are keeping quiet about it. We aren't deciding 100 percent until she is actually born. So here's the list (in no particular order, just however we added them to the running list we have; names in parenthesis indicate an alternate spelling if we aren't sure what we want): Emma, Kira (Keira), Elise (Elyse), Elina, Julianna (Julianne), Evelyn, Alice, Zoe, and Carie. Also, if you were curious, some boy names that we were considering included: Dean, Adam, Camden, Liam, and James. I know we had a few more, but I can't remember what they were now because I took them off of the list on my phone once we knew we were having a little girl!

And I can't finish this post without remarking that my husband is wonderful! I came home one day last week from work to find this delicious dinner waiting for me. Homemade venison stew, breadsticks (also made from scratch!), with tasty fresh watermelon. Such a great end to my day!




On Friday or Saturday this past week (I honestly don't remember which) Graham and I were planning on going to Cold Stone for an ice cream date. On our way there, Graham randomly said "ohh, Ghirardelli brownies with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream sound really good right now." And if you don't know, I have a major soft spot for brownies (definitely my all time favorite dessert, although ice cream is a very close second normally and is my favorite dessert during this pregnancy). So we went to Wal-Mart instead and got a box mix for brownies and a tub of ice cream. When we were on the baking aisle looking at all of the brownies, cookies, and cake mixes, I mentioned that everything looked so good! Graham (I'm reminded every day how very much I love this man!) says in his best British accent, "we'll take the lot." I could have cried I was so proud of him, quoting that. 



I'm sure I'll do another update or two before Baby Girl Atherton is born! I can't believe I'm already at the halfway point. It's going by fast! 

From Marissa, with love



3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Sooooo happy for you two! Love the Harry Potter allusion, so great! Also, if you're taking votes, I really like the name Alice. Classic, not common, but also not weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you are looking so adorable these days with your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary! I'm at the point where people I know can tell that I'm pregnant, but the general population just thinks that I have a little pudge around the middle. I'm liking the cute little bump though. It's not too big to get in the way!

    ReplyDelete