Saturday, January 7, 2017

Goals for 2017

I cannot believe that January is here! The time has seriously flown by, even if the days are often long.

I'm still planning on doing a "pregnancy update" post at some point this month. We'll see if I do or not, hah. I did want to take a few minutes here to review how I did on my goals for 2016 and publicly set a few goals for 2017!

Snow out at Camp David, 1/7/2017 


This was my post from 2016 on the goals I set.

Here is an excerpt from that post relating specifically to the actual goals:

My Goals for 2016


Some of these are my individual goals, and others are goals that Graham and I have decided upon together for our family. I hesitated about whether or not I wanted to share them, but I decided to go for it. Being accountable is a HUGE part of accomplishing goals. Now I'm accountable :) 
  • Attend the Temple 3 times this year with Graham
  • Read The Book of Mormon every day as a family (and have personal scripture study daily as well)
  • Post to the blog twice a month
  • Date nights with Graham twice a month
  • Read 20 books (at least 5 nonfiction) 
  • Exercise 3 times a week (and do mini workouts 3 other days)
  • 91 Day De-Clutter Challenge 

Review of how I did: 
--Graham and I were able to attend the Temple two times in 2016 (being pregnant adjusted this goal for us); we did go an additional time with Evie to see the Temple grounds in San Antonio while we were visiting so I'm pretty sure I can count that ;) 

--We did really well about reading The Book of Mormon as a family in 2016. Although I cannot say for certain that we didn't miss a single day, I know that it is a habit that we've developed that is continuing with us for 2017! My personal scripture study was hit or miss in 2016 I feel like. Mostly I would be doing well and then when we would be traveling, house sitting, or have company in town and I would get off track because my schedule was different. 

--Hah. Blog posts. I talked about this previously. I altered my goal to be once a month and then decided I would just do whatever I was able to do. Because I liked spending my time reading (as is evidenced by how well I did on that goal!) or watching Netflix instead. 

--Date Nights: We got out for an "official" date night at least once a month. Some months we hit our goal of two, but definitely not every month. 

--Reading: I surpassed this goal by quite a bit! I ended up finishing 2016 with 40 books read! (9 of which were nonfiction.) I love to read and I loved the opportunity I had in 2016 to read so much. 

--Exercise: I did really well with this for the first few months. Then, pregnancy became a great excuse to lounge around lazily. Towards the end of the year I started back to exercising 3 times a week, although I haven't been on a consistent schedule for quite some time. 

--91 Day De-Clutter Challenge: I stayed with the group the entire time and loved it! I will be doing it again in 2017, although having a baby at the end of January or early February will push things back a little bit for me. 


My Goals for 2017

I wanted to keep things fairly simple for this year because, again, if I haven't mentioned it enough in this post yet, I will be having another baby! And that is intimidating to me in so many ways, even though I am super excited about it as well obviously. 

  • Read 24 books (at least 6 nonfiction) 
  • "Stay" sane with two kids 
  • Treat days every other day (eventually getting to two days a week) 
  • Get back into running after baby #2 is born 
  • Date nights with Graham 2 times/month 
  • Attend Temple at least once with Graham 
So yeah, definitely keeping things on the simple side. This year we will see lots of changes for our family, and I hope to keep you all at least semi up to date ;) 

Happy New Year and wishing you all the very best 2017! 

xoxo, Marissa 

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of great goals! I only chose two this year.

    ReplyDelete